I’ve been writing in some form or fashion since I was five years-old. My first YA novel, One Night, was released in September 2016. When I’m not working or writing I like to travel. I’m Filipino, Italian, and Scottish and I’m married to a Serbian which makes life interesting! Some of my favorite authors are John Green, David Baldacci, Lisa Scottoline, Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, Aisha Saeed, and Taylor Jenkins Reid. Also, I love a good musical, the kind that makes you weep and fills your heart with joy and hope for humanity.
Deanna Cabinian is the author of One Night and One Love. She’s worked in radio, television, and magazine publishing, but writing is her first love. Originally from California, she lives in the Chicago area with her husband and their Havanese dog, Cuba. Her writing has appeared in Writer’s Digest, Writer Unboxed, and YA Interrobang. She is a graduate of the Writing in the Margins mentorship program. Find her online at http://www.deannacabinian.com.
Connect with me on social media:
A sample of my other writing:
- 4 Networking Strategies for Authors Who Hate Networking for Writer’s Digest 5/25/18
- What Can a Writing Mentorship Teach You? for YA Interrobang on 5/17/18
- 5 Things You Should Never Say to Authors for Women Writers 11/16/17
- How to Prepare for a TED-style Author Talk in Less Than 10 Days for Writer Unboxed 5/14/17
- Shelf Addiction podcast interview 3/7/18
- Reed’s Reads & Reviews blog interview
- Whispering Stories blog interview: Writing Life of Deanna Cabinian 4/13/17