It’s that time again for the monthly update where I review what I’m reading, watching, and writing. Enjoy!
What I’m reading:
- The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan. This YA novel recently hit the NYT bestseller list. I am not big on magical realism or the fantastical at all, but I did enjoy this book a lot. The protagonist, Leigh, believes her dead mother has become a bird.
What I’m watching:
- Dirty Money on Netflix. If you want all your suspicions about corporate greed/corporate America to be confirmed this documentary is for you. Be warned: you’ll be angry after watching!
- Flint Town on Netflix. What can I say, I love me a good docu-series. This one is about Flint, Michigan and its struggles with crime, the economy, and its water.
What I’m writing:
- Still revising The Other Side of the World. Here’s hoping I’m in the home stretch 🙂
- The third Thompson Lake installment, a novella set at Christmastime.
To be the first to know about new posts, sign up for my email list.