I haven’t done one of these updates in a loooong time. But here we go 🙂
What I’m Reading:
- The Land of Forgotten Girls by Erin Entrada Kelly. Just finished this MG novel the other day and WOW. I am impressed. Granted, I have a Filipino parent like the author does so I relate on a special level but still. Solid writing and an engaging plot about two Filipina sisters and their evil stepmother.
- You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon. Not sure what it is with me and novels about Huntington’s disease (for another great one check out Rules for 50/50 Chances by Kate McGovern), but this book is excellent. Two sisters are about to find out if they have the disease or not. And one of them is kinda evil, the kind of character you love to hate. All in all a great read.
What I’m Writing:
- If you’ve followed this blog for any length of time you know I’ve been working on The Other Side of the World for a bit. A couple years in fact. That project is very near and dear to my heart. I was considering giving up on it, but I was recently accepted to the Writing in the Margins mentorship program and the awesome Tanita S. Davis is helping me get this manuscript in shape.
What I’m Watching:
- The Greatest Showman. My god if you love musicals you need to check this out. The score is great. The cast is great. My sister and I bought the soundtrack right after seeing the movie. Plus Hugh Jackman. What’s not to like?
- The Resident, Fox’s new medical show. Since ER went off the air (yes, I’m aging myself LOL) I have been dying for a great medical show to take its place. I hope The Resident lasts because I think it has a shot at taking the title. From hospital romance to the greed of insurance corporations this show has it all.
What are you reading, writing, or watching this month? Share in the comments.
To be the first to know about new posts, sign up for my email list.