It’s that time of year again where I assess what I accomplished in 2017. DNC = did not complete. DONE = accomplished.
At the start of 2017 these were my goals:
- Find a reliable critique partner. DNC
- Produce an audiobook of One Night. DNC
- Secure a traditional publishing contract. DNC
- Finish current work in progress, a new YA novel. DONE
- Attend at least one writer’s workshop or conference. DNC
- Start another novel. DONE
- Accept praise more graciously. KINDA DONE
I met almost half of my goals. I think I accomplished the two most important which had to do with writing output. I wrote two novels last year while working full-time, taking care of a house, dog, etc. which I consider a triumph.
This year my goals are:
- Write two novels
- Publish a novel
- Focus on scalable, long-term marketing for my books
What about you? What are your goals?