Okay friends, it’s been a while since I’ve done a post like this. My apologies.
What I’m reading:
- House of Bradbury by Nicole Meier. It’s women’s fiction about a woman who buys Ray Bradbury’s old house in southern California. It’s a great read and can I give a shout out to Nicole here who graciously answered some questions for me recently about her publishing experience! Such a lovely person.
- My Beautiful Life by Mina Dobic, a true story about a woman who cured her cancer by eating a macrobiotic diet. Fascinating. Thanks, hubby for the book recommendation!
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum, contemporary YA about a girl who’s forced to live with her stepmother across the country. Just got this for Kindle on sale for $1.99.
What I’m writing:
- Just finished a new YA novel set in Serbia. What?! Glad I hit one of my writing goals for the year already.
- Trying to find a publishing home for The Other Side of the World. The world needs more books with Filipino protagonists. But I’m biased.
- Thinking about writing a sequel to One Night. I said I’d never do it, and yet I’m 5K words into it already. It has become a thing. Not sure yet if I’ll publish it, but I am definitely having fun being in Thompson’s world again.
What I’m watching:
- We are binge watching Caribbean Life at my house. It is one of my greatest ambitions in life to live by the ocean one day. When I’m by the ocean I feel like I’m home!
- I am sad and relieved that the first season of This is Us is over. Tuesday night has been my weekly cry session since this show started. I think it’s because the show feels too much like real life!