Okay friends, from now on I’m just calling these posts Deanna’s Updates since they’re not necessarily running monthly lol.
First things first – the ebook version of One Night is on sale for 99 cents! This is a great price if you’re on the fence about trying it and also if you know a friend who might like it. The reviews have been great so far. Here’s a nice write up by Lynda Dickson over at Books Direct.
What I’m Reading:
- The Memory Box by Eva Natiello. This thriller about a suburban mom who basically goes insane (or does she?) kept me turning the pages. This novel also recently hit the NYT bestseller list. If you love books like Gone Girl check it out.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. This is about a kid who gets bullied on an Indian reservation and later goes to an all-white school. I just started it, but will finish it this week. Can I say I LOVE the title? The drawings in the book are great, too.
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway. I picked this book up last year when I was visiting the Hemingway House in Key West where EH spent some of his time. I’m sorry to say I still haven’t read it yet.
What I’m Watching:
- 90 Day Fiancé. This show. Maybe I can relate since I’m married to an immigrant. The personalities on this show are ridiculously compelling. LMAO during the whole thing.
- America’s Got Talent. Granted this show just wrapped, but still. I used to be a big American Idol watcher but haven’t enjoyed it much the last few years. Can I just say Simon Cowell and the talent show format are definitely back! Check out the winner Grace VanderWaal here. The way she plays that ukulele kills me! In a good way.
What I’m Writing:
- I’m working on a new novel set in Serbia. I tend to get inspired when I travel. It’s about a kid named Marko who gets into a strange predicament. I’m not ready to share the plot details yet but will soon!
If you want to get more updates like these and be the first to know about new books, sign up for my email list.