I haven’t done a monthly update in a while, so this post will cover the last 2-3 months.
What I’m reading:
- Finished The Glass Castle recently by Jeannette Walls. OMG. I told multiple people I know that this memoir about growing up more or less homeless has so many outrageous parts it must be fiction. Everyone needs to read this. Fun fact: they’re filming the movie version as we speak and my employer has a prop in it!
- The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone. It’s about a ship where passengers go to die/live out their last wishes and centers around a young girl and her grandmother. I give it four out of five stars.
What I’m watching:
- Bachelor in Paradise. I think I might like this show better than the original franchise. Just so much ridiculous debauchery every minute. It’s exactly the kind of show to watch to forget about whatever problems might be going on in your life!
- The 1977 film Orca. It’s about a killer whale seeking vengeance against a local fisherman who tries to capture it. The whale wreaks havoc on the small fishing village near the coast. It’s very violent for a PG movie, but compelling stuff.
What I’m writing:
- I’m in the throes of editing a new novel about a Filipino kid and his family. More info to be announced later.
- An essay collection about growing up/the awkwardness of high school.
If you liked this post, sign up for my email list.