Hello, writers! I’m creating this post for myself and all of you to keep track of useful marketing tools I find. I will add to this whenever I find new ones. Happy writing (and marketing)!
- Canva. How did I go so long without this? This tool will allow you to create custom images to use in blog posts, on Twitter, and Facebook. A lot of the images and functionalities are available for free. Check out my Facebook header.
- Mailchimp. This is a great tool to build your email list. It has its quirks-I have a Word document with notes on how to navigate certain sections-but in general, this is a great free tool.
- Hootsuite. This is great for managing social media posts and scheduling posts ahead of time. I like to go in at the beginning of the week and plan content so I don’t have to worry about it. Awesome for those of us who have day jobs! One note of caution: the application doesn’t like it if posts are too similar and spaced too closely together, so be cognizant of that.
- WordPress. I know there are some WordPress haters out there and the program irks me sometimes, but I have found this to be an easy enough tool to use to set up and maintain a web site if you have minimal HTML knowledge.
- Social media. I will just lump all free social platform-building tools into one bullet. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Snapchat.
If you like this post sign up for my email list.