I don’t think I’m the only writer who thinks about what songs are playing at key moments in my novels. I think readers imagine the score for their favorite books, too.
Whether literally or figuratively I always associate certain songs with the stories I write. The playlist for my current project:
- “Hurt” – Elvis Presley
- “Fix You” – Coldplay
- “Easy” – Rascall Flatts featuring Natasha Bedingfield
- “Devil in Disguise” – Elvis Presley
- “Just One Yesterday” – Fall Out Boy featuring Foxes
- “Big Pimpin’” – Jay-Z
- “God Only Knows” – Beach Boys
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Elvis Presley
- “You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You” – Dean Martin
- “If I Can Dream” – Elvis Presley
- “Hey Jude” – The Beatles
- “Let’s Hang On” – Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
What do these songs have in common, other than there being a lot of Elvis and more than one song about heartache? Guess you’re going to have to read my novel and find out!
To get updates on the release of One Night sign up for my free email list.